Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Adventures in Comic-Boxing: This Can't End Well for Felix!

Sometimes ya just gotta let these darn fool cartoon and comics characters learn a lesson for themselves...

Consider MARCH OF COMICS #24 Felix the Cat (1949)...


It was winter and it was cold, I'll grant you... but, rather than stay up in New York and stick it out, Felix literally WALKS all the way down to Georgia - where (you guessed it), he finds it much too hot!  

Silly cat!  Maybe if you stopped somewhere around Virginia, you'd have saved yourself - and your FEET - lots of trouble.  But, you know how cats are... All or nothing!  

To his cat-credit, he stops complaining and does something about it...


But, what he does... OH, WHAT HE DOES!  


NO, FELIX! DON'T!  ...THINK IT THROUGH FIRST!  


THERE'S STILL TIME TO AVOID DISASTER!  


I CAN SEE IT COMING A MILE AWAY... CANT YOU?  


A LITTLE HEAT AND SUNBURN IS NOTHING COMPARED TO WHAT AWAITS YOU! 


LAST CHANCE!  I'M WARNING YOU! 

OH, WAIT... I'M SITTING HERE IN 2021, AND THIS COMIC WAS PUBLISHED IN 1949 - AND, TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN MORE DIFFICULT, IT REPRINTS THIS FELIX NEWSPAPER STRIP FROM 1932...


 HE CAN'T HEAR ME!  HE CAN'T HEAR ME!  


 FELIX!  FEEE-LIIIIX!  NOOOOOOO!  


I'M SORRY, OLD FRIEND... I CAN DO NAUGHT BUT WATCH IN HORROR, AS NATURE TAKES IT COURSE!  I'M SO SORRY!  

THIS IS IT! 

OOOHHHH!  I CAN'T LOOK! 



NOOOOOOO! 


OH, FELIX... BEING A CAT, I THOUGHT YOU'D KNOW A LITTLE MORE ABOUT BIRDS!  


BUT NO! YOU'RE IN FOR A RATHER RUDE AWAKNING!


IN FACT, YOU MAY EVEN WAKE UP "A CAT OF A DIFFERENT COLOR"! 


Any old CAR knows THAT! 

...It's SNOW on that car, folks... what do you think I am?  

While Felix is washing-off in a nearby creek, we'll end with a link to my GCD Index for this issue!


2 comments:

Sérgio Gonçalves said...

I like bird songs, but all those birds together have got to be *extremely* loud... I don't know how Felix stands them...

Of course, when he wakes up, the noise will be the least of his problems... Let's hope there's a body of water nearby, for Felix's sake... Oh, wait. Cats hate water.

Well, stinks to be you, Felix. In more ways than one, I might add!

Joe Torcivia said...

Sergio:

On the plus side, however, when he wakes up, no one will accuse him of being a “bad luck BLACK CAT”!