Monday, December 13, 2021

"Horrifically Busy" Just Got More "Horrifically Busy"!

Just when ya thought it couldn't get worse, there's another reason this humble Blog is not up to its (kinda, sorta) usual standards of posting frequency!


Yes, it's the dread task of HOUSE CONSTRUCTION!

It would seem that two amazingly cute little grandchildren are not the only "additions" to our lives!

Averi (right) and Cici - September, 2021

We need a place to put 'em for their (hopefully) frequent future visits, thus the expansion.  

One day, half the house was GONE, and the next a new wooden frame was in its place!  And don't get me started on the number of things I had to move and crowd into awkward (but, so far, reasonably safe) places!  

My den, from which I write these posts, remains inaccessible, and I've resorted to moving my Blogging activities to a less-familiar laptop - on my kitchen table!  And, to do so, had to go through more corridors and alleyways of Google than I thought possible in order to just get to where I could Blog on the darned thing!  

But, since "perseverance" is one of my many middle names (...Just don't call me "Percy" for short - 'cause HE won't like me appropriating his name)...

Of course, you remember where HE comes from!

...Here I am, and ready to resume under these sometimes-trying circumstances, to the relief and (dare I say it?) joy of all!

Let's see how this first kitchen-laptop post - and its follow-up comments (AHEM!) go - and, as a result of my "Google-tampering" to do so, will anything be out-of-whack once I get my desktop computer - and my DESK, and my swivel chair... and my DEN - back!   

I leave you with this image of a hole in my living room, leading out to the back yard... mostly because it's the only other picture I took of the whole affair as of yet, and hope the "next six weeks" (Groan!) go smoothly!

4 comments:

Debbie Anne said...

“One day, half the house was GONE…” At least Percy didn’t eat it. Although he is the cutest-ever devourer of worlds (although I’m certain that Mickey and Eega Beeva weren’t entirely convinced of how cute he was).

Joe Torcivia said...

Deb:

“Cute”, like so much else, is in the eye of the beholder.

You know, as difficult as it is for me to believe, there may actually be one isolated, mountain-top-dwelling individual who, perhaps on a very, very “off-day”, might (...just might, mind you) think Averi and Cici are not cute!

Oh, wait… He just changed his mind! It’s still unanimous!

Besides, Galacius Greymatter thinks Percy is cute, and who am I to argue with one of the greatest minds of the cosmos!

Marc Whinston said...

Did I see the girthworm in that illustration?

Joe Torcivia said...

Yes... or, more precisely, what he ended up being called!