If you think our LAST POST had an "UNEXPECTED" surprise... just take a look at THIS!
https://www.fantagraphics.com/collections/disney-legacy-comic-books/products/uncle-scrooge-legacy-468-the-curse-of-h-p-hatequack
Yes, this is just what it looks like - or NOT what it looks like, ya never know - Uncle Scrooge meets Duckburg's analog to H.P. LOVECRAFT!!!
And, since *I* "LOVE" my "CRAFT" so very much, you can bet I did a lot of research on matters Lovecraftian before writing my first line of dialogue! It all may not be apparent to the reader, but that effort was certainly there - and well beyond my usual diligence!
But this was a GREAT STORY long before it crossed (or "double-crossed") my crooked path! VERY UNUSUAL and VERY AMAZING! ...And if ya don't believe me, just ask guest star Ludwig Von Drake!
https://www.fantagraphics.com/collections/disney-legacy-comic-books/products/donald-duck-legacy-392-the-three-caballeros-christmas-quest
And who could not love receiving The Three Caballeros as a Christmas gift! What a great cover! Haven't read that one yet, myself... But somehow, I KNOW it's gonna be a Christmastime Keeper!
...Oh, and don't worry, folks... Mickey's coming back a month later - with all kinds of great stuff!

3 comments:
I am VERY happy at this news. I see from U$ 468's Cover B that the Lovecraftian book is titled "horrorkomikon," which is just terrific. WAY funnier than "tetronomiduck," which according to INDUCKS was used at least in the German translation. Nice that the English-speaking American comics world provided such an apt rhyme for Lovecraft's Necronomicon, and kudos to you for employing it!!
Anyway, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the monthly comics to return, and now at last I know that no matter what happens in the election and its aftermath, we Americans do have something to look forward to.
Elaine:
Thank you for the pre-pub-‘preciation! Yes, that was me, and part of that research I mentioned!
Sometimes I just see something in a script that falls SO completely flat (at least for "OUR" audience) that I simply cannot let it stand! This was one of those! I knew “Necro-anything” wouldn’t fly, but why not link it to both a particular genre of comics (“Horror” – which this one IS, in actual fact, though leavened by the right amount of comedy”) and comic cons to boot!
And a little Necro-birdie tells me that you should be pleased with the results of both of the upcoming events you mention!
To our Anonymous Friend who sent us a comment on the Chip ‘n’ Dale/Bugs Bunny post two posts back:
I’ve since published your comments along with an extensive reply, with my apologies! If you’re reading this and care to see it, please go there now! The same applies to anyone else who might be interested!
Post a Comment