When you open a copy of DC's horror title UNEXPECTED, you... you... well, you expect the unexpected from an issue of UNEXPECTED!
But, in the case of UNEXPECTED #202 (DC Comics, Cover Date: September 1980), there was more "unexpected" than usual!
Yesterday (September 13, 2026), upon opening this comic for the first time to log it into my collection, between the cover and first page, I found THIS...
...Yes, really!
Now, over the years, I've found many a stowaway tucked between the pages of a vintage comic book... strands of hair, cookie or cereal crumbs, and even the centerfold of a completely different comic!
In the case of the hair and crumbs I simply brush them out, and with the unrelated centerfold I left it there in appreciation of the novelty, but what to do with a FOOTBALL WORD ASSOCIATION PUZZLE?
The other finds are at least somehow part of the comics reading experience (eating while reading, for instance), but THIS?
However, even this particular UNEXPECTED issue's inexplicably unexpected occurrence has an additional dose of the unexpected to it!
What more unexpected about this could possibly be, you ask?
Well I found that unexpected addition hiding in my copy of UNEXPECTED #202... (ready for it?)... on the FIRST SUNDAY of the 2026 NFL FOOTBALL SEASON!
...And did so while simultaneously watching the NEW YORK JETS season opener - which (after only three wins in the 2025 season) the Jets ACTUALLY WON!!! ...Talk about "unexpected"!


No comments:
Post a Comment