Tuesday, January 2, 2024

An "Ongoing" Mystery... At Last!

To kick off 2024, let's hit the ground running with some great news...

...Although I'll expect Shaggy and Scooby to do most of the "running" - and occasionally "hitting the ground", for that matter!  

THE WAIT IS OVER! THE HIATUS HAS PASSED! 

WHY, EVEN THE WAIT FOR THE HIATUS TO PASS IS OVER!!!

After TWO 12-Issue limited series starting in 2021 and 2022 respectively, one of the best and woefully underrated comic titles out there is FINALLY BACK AS AN ONGOING SERIES!!!

Of course, I'm referring to the one... the only (...unless you count the previous two such series)... THE BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES with its THIRD issue #1 from DC Comics, released on January 02, 2024!  ...Talk about celebrating a new year!  

And back it is, with its most iconic team of writer Sholly Fisch and artist Dario Brizuela - who've been bringing Batman and Scooby together since SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP #1 back in late 2023!



And have alternated over the runs of THE BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES Series 1...


...And Series 2!


And now it's back... EVERY MONTH (unless Warner Bros. Discovery cancels it because they've lost too much money on executive compensation, streaming overexpansion supplanting reliable-and-always-there-for-you physical media, and an almost endless list of bad decisions that have made this mega-merger a joke)!  

I sometimes lament my no longer doing my monthly comic reviews, as I did for SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP, but, in their place I've indexed (with the level of detail I'm noted for) every issue of THE BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES at GCD.  Not exactly a substitute, but worthy as my contribution, among the contributions of so many other dedicated individuals, toward making the Grand Comics Database THE best comics indexing and information site there is!  

Series 1 HERE!

Series 2 HERE!

New Series 3 HERE! 

Go take a peek at all of the great issues of THE BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES to be found there. If you haven't read them all before, perhaps you will after this!  


You won't regret it!  Now, I can start looking forward to reading and indexing the next issue... Same Bat-Scoob Time, same Bat-Scoob channel! 

2 comments:

Elaine said...

So glad you have some good news to kick off 2024! Though I do greatly appreciate Scholly Fisch's writing, this series won't connect with me because I have relatively little exposure to Batman and virtually none to Scooby-Doo--my first encounter with that crew was in the few issues of Scooby-Doo Team-Up I bought, when I was familiar with the other half of the team-up (Flintstones, Jetsons). However, I am similarly looking forward to a new comic book series for the first time in quite a while! Late January we'll get the first issue of a new Darkwing title, Justice Ducks, which will be written by Roger Langridge. I trust Langridge because he did such a great job on the Muppets comics--they were very funny and showed affectionate respect for the source material in the Muppets TV show. I'm still bummed that Silvani and Sparrow won't get to continue their Darkwing series that began in Joe Books, but I won't let that stop me from enjoying Langridge's work on Darkwing's hero team. Besides, one of the members of the team is Neptunia, and the Darkwing episode in which she first appeared (Something Fishy) is one of my top five favorite Darkwing eps! I look forward to seeing more of her.

Joe Torcivia said...

Elaine:

I think that, comic-wise, we'll ALL have a few new things to look forward to in 2024...