Thursday, November 30, 2023

It's a CRIME-ing Shame!

For that small number of folks who may be wondering why I've gone so silent for a while,  I should let you know that Esther and I have been the victims of TWO completely unrelated crimes... that have since bizarrely connected in ways too complex for me to go into here!

No loss of life, limb, and (maybe?) property, and we probably won't discuss it further here... unless some of you are detectives, police, Batman, or Super Goof!  So, let the speculation run rampant - but, I must emphasize, WE ARE OKAY!!!

This "adventure" began on November 17, 2023, and is still disruptively with us into this morning (November 30, 2023)!  

There IS an end in sight, but we just can't seem to reach it yet, as new twists and layers continue to pile on!

I want to apologize to everyone whose communications and Blog comments I've been forced to ignore, as we continue to work through this ongoing situation!  We'll be back, because you can't keep a good Blog - or good Blogger - down!  

7 comments:

Debbie Anne said...

This looks like a job…for Superman! (Okay, maybe not, but I’ve been watching the 1950s TV shows and 1948 movie serials recently, so the line came to my head…). But it is a shame that we don’t have people like Clark Kent, Mickey Mouse or Columbo (to mention just a few) who can figure out even the most baffling crimes and bring the perpetrators to justice. I hope that everything can be resolved for you. Take care!

Sérgio Gonçalves said...

I'm sorry to hear about this, Joe. Glad you and Esther are okay, which is the most important thing. Between this and Phantom Blots — er, Bots — that blotted out so many of our comments and have attempted to post their own inane comments (I guess we could call it "The Invasion of the Comment Snatchers?"), it seems 2023 has been a year to forget. Looking forward to your return to blogging, and if we don't correspond again before the end of the year, I wish you and yours a joyous holiday season!

Elaine said...

Very sorry to hear that you and Esther have been doubly victimized, very glad to hear that you are both okay! I hope when the dust settles you indeed suffer no loss of property. May the worst of the consequences have blown over in time for you to celebrate the holidays with some degree of joy!

Mykal Banta said...

I'm glad to hear that you and yours are OK! I was wondering about your absence and so glad you are back!

Joe Torcivia said...

Thank you one and all for you concerns and best wishes! “Our Crime Story” is at an end with no damage and only minimal loss. My next post will follow up on that.

…And I must REALLY have been gone for a long time, if Mykal misses me! ;-) (Thanks, Mykal!)

scarecrow33 said...

We ALL missed you, Joe!!!

(Lots of new developments)

I echo Elaine's wish for "some degree of joy" in the Yuletide season for you and yours!

Joe Torcivia said...

Thank you, Scarecrow! I know you all do! And I appreciate it well beyond any response here can convey!

We'll start anew tomorrow (Sunday, 12-17-2023) - fittingly, exactly one month from when these troubles began!

The question is, will I, once again, be my old cheerful and loveable self (Stop laughing, David Gerstein!), or will I still have some residual cynicism-lag from the past month's events? ...Drop in and find out!