Monday, October 5, 2020

The World Just Got Much Cuter!

Yes, the world just got much cuter on September 23, 2020 with the addition of Cecelia (more often referred to as "Cici"), Averi's brand new little sister!  


So, how did Averi react to no longer being "the sole center of the universe"?  


Well, when they met, it was kinda like this...


But, by the next day, things got better... fast!  


And, by the the weekend, Avi had already "reclaimed the universe", whether or not she knows she now has to share it!  


And, if you HAD to "share the universe", at least it's with someone cute!  


Speaking of cute... 

I wouldn't want to be a "Magic Mirror" in THAT house, when these sisters start asking "Who's the cutest of them all!"

You think this mirror has it tough? 


Try making THIS choice! 

8 comments:

Elaine said...

Congratulations, Grandpa x2!! And also to Grandma Esther! I'll hold off on congratulating Averi till she's had time to adjust to the New Reality. Maybe the sisters will have a magic mirror which tells each of them what they're best at, which will be different things, so they can both be unrivaled! And in any case, I'm sure that each of them will get *all* of Grandpa's heart, so no competition there. Wonderful how hearts can defy arithmetic that way.

Joe Torcivia said...

Elaine:

Thank you for your kind wishes!

You write: “Wonderful how hearts can defy arithmetic that way.”

ABSOLUTELY! Consider that I have long called Esther “My Everything”!

Once Avi came along I called her “My Little Everything”!

Now Cici becomes “My Littlest Everything”! (Though she could move up in rank, if another one follows her!)

It’s been brought to my attention that you cannot have “more than one Everything”! …But, as you note, that’s EXACTLY what hearts do!

Sérgio Gonçalves said...

Congratulations, Joe! Being a grandfather must be the greatest feeling in the world. I wish you many happy moments with both Avi and Cici.

Nice to see some good news, particularly in this tumultuous year.

And I love the surprise twist at the end: that Superman "mirror" panel. As I began reading this post, I was wondering how you would tie it in with the main theme of the blog.

Speaking of comics, you've really got your work cut out for you! You now have two people to pass the torch... or should I say the Gold Key?... to.

Joe Torcivia said...

Thank you, Sergio!

If I’m lucky, one or both of them will take such a path… And I will do nothing to discourage this!

Avi’s already got a very small number of comics, including the UNCLE SCROOGE (IDW # 40) I put her name and birthdate in (on a car’s license plate) and a copy of SCOOBY-DOO TEAM-UP # 50 that Sholly Fisch was kind enough to autograph just for her!

Debbie Anne said...

Congratulations!

Joe Torcivia said...

Thank you, Deb!

Drleevezan said...

Congratulations, Joe!

Joe Torcivia said...

Thank you! They're both here with us right now. sleeping over for a few days. It's wonderful!