Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Adventures in Comic-Boxing: Never Mind The Creeper... Beware of the SUN!

Here is a copy of BEWARE THE CREEPER #1 (DC Comics, Cover Date: May-June, 1968)...

...And here is MY COPY of BEWARE THE CREEPER #1, purchased at the very end of April, 2022!

That is ONE REALLY BAD CASE OF SUN-FADE! 

Of course, I would never treat one of MY OWN "originally owned" comics like this... so, it must be the work of... ONE OF ITS "GHOSTS"!  ...My term for the previous owner(s) of any comic in your collection that was purchased in the secondary market (...or "third,-fourth,-or-fifth-dary" market, if it's been around for a while)!  

Lucky for me, the interior is just fine showing no ill effects of its overdose of Vitamin D... but, should you ever see a comic book reader or collector who's old enough to have been around in the 1960s - AND HE OR SHE IS SPORTING A NIFTY TAN - please let me know!  I might like to have a word with that person!  

3 comments:

scarecrow33 said...

This might be a good place to mention that there is a great Creeper story in the pages of "The Batman-Scooby Doo Mysteries" Volume 2. Even when interacting with the Scooby characters, the DC characters seem to keep their "flavor." Kind of like "two great tastes that go great together" (but we won't go there!).

scarecrow33 said...

I just remembered the slogan was "Two great tastes that TASTE great together!" My bad! (But I still don't think I need to mention the product that it advertised, since it came next.)

Joe Torcivia said...

Goodness me, Scarecrow…

I wouldn’t mention the product either… ‘cept to say that if you “put together” a particular type of MONKEY – or a schoolkid’s outdoor exercise period – with what Mister Jinks “hates meeces to…”, you’ll kinda-sorta have it. …And a GREAT product it is!

And, as for The Creeper in the pages of "The Batman-Scooby Doo Mysteries" (actually, Volume 1, #11)… check out the index I did for it at GCD HERE! …Particularly note the item I designated as a “missed opportunity”! For all the great things that title does, I can’t believe they whiffed on THAT one!