Sunday, November 24, 2019

Adventures in Comic-Boxing: Kamandi Says It All!


In KAMANDI THE LAST BOY ON EARTH # 45 (DC Comics, Cover Date: September, 1976), our title character perfectly and accurately, expresses the feeling I would often get, over the course of my life, as I negotiated the perils of both (Shudder!) a corporate career, and (Double-Shudder!) relationships with... um, "the gender that is not the one I identify as"... or however we're supposed to properly and correctly describe this important-yet-very-tricky aspect of life, these days!  

Anyone else recognize the feeling? 

I shoulda had T-shirts made! 

Here's the panel in a (very) tiny bit more context...


Mmm-yeah!  I woulda felt good to "break out" like that... Too bad I'm not a comic character, because humans can't really behave like that in (so-called) civilized society! 

   ...More's the pity!  It woulda been fun! 

No comments: