Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Still Don’t Understand TV!

In previous posts, I questioned why popular series like THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY seemed to be ignoring February Sweeps and loading-up the month with repeats.

Friend of this Blog Mark Lungo volunteered an online article explaining that, due to the now-postponed February conversion from analog TV to digital, that February Sweeps was moved back to March. You can read it in the comments section on THIS POST.

Okay, assuming that’s so – and March is now a Sweeps month, I can now question why popular series like LOST and HEROES seem to be ignoring March Sweeps”.

In the heart of this supposed Sweeps period, LOST offers a repeat (of last week’s episode!) tonight, and HEROES follows this coming Monday (March 16) with a repeat of its own.

I have no clue what THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY have in store for the coming week… but more repeats would not surprise me!

Gosh, I only watch FOUR prime time series (all named here), and none of them appear to conform to any rules I can understand.

…I should stop trying to figure it out, enjoy what they give me – or, if not, just watch a DVD instead.

No comments: