Friday, October 11, 2013

A NYCC 2013 Moment # 1. Freak-a-Re-do!




Please read THIS New York Comic Con 2012 Moment, before proceeding… It’s vital that you do, in order to appreciate what follows. 

Okay, finished?  Now, let’s proceed...

On Day One of New York Comic Con 2013, I spot a guy dressed as Freakazoid!  And, as I’d done in 2012, walked up to him and said: 

Aw, c'mon, Cosgrove... Ask me one of those great questions about going to some nonsensical place, and doing stuff!  

Hey, Freakazoid, wanna go to the New York Comic Con?” 

And, unlike my jarring and “fan-faith-shaking” experience of 2012, he properly replied: 

 DO I?!”

 Completely satisfied with the response, I said: 
 
Let me tell you a quick story... Last year, I said the same thing to a guy in a Freakazoid! costume, and he replied: ‘Sure do!’  I told him he should have said: 'DO I?!'  We tried a second take, and got the bit right!”
 
That was ME!”,  2013's Freakazoid! replied.

And THAT was ME who asked!”, I redundantly offered in return! 

We laughed, shook hands, and continued with the great fun that is New York Comic Con 2013! 
Can't chat now, Lobe... I gotta get back to New York Comic Con 2013 -- Cosgrove might ask me another question, and I need to rehearse the bit!

4 comments:

joecab said...

I wonder if Invisibo was with him?

Joe Torcivia said...

HA! Come to think of it, I *thought* I bumped into SOMETHING during the exchange!

Where did he go… That Invisibo?

On the other hand, “Fanboy” seemed to be almost EVERYWHERE I looked!

Chris Barat said...

Joe,

Thinking hard, but can't come up with a "THAT's not right!" riposte to your comments here!

Chris

Joe Torcivia said...

Maybe if you posted it in Klingon?