Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Taz Returns!



I promised Taz that I would remind you all that TAZ-MANIA Season One, Volume Two goes on sale today...  Um, that's TODAY... August 06, 2013.  (...Did I say that right, Mr. Devil?)  

...And, call me silly-sentimental, but I just can't break a promise to a whirling monster with razor-sharp teeth, that tends to devour anything in its path!  

Besides, now you can have TWICE the fun that I had HERE!  

..And, you can leave comments telling all of us just how much fun you DID have.  Oh, did I say Taz will be checking in to READ those comments... so be a "good-devil-doobee" and share willingly with the group.  

Besides, tomorrow will be a new day - and there will be a new post on something we've touched upon before, only now discussed in the "greater detail, backed by hard-hitting analysis" that you've come to expect from TIAH Blog!  

Be there, won't you... 

Hopefully, HE (and his short attention span) will have moved on to something else by then... most likely something edible!

4 comments:

Comicbookrehab said...

I didn't know Jess Harnell sang the theme song; this was his first voiceover job.

Joe Torcivia said...

I didn’t know that either, ‘Rehab!

I just figured it was Dan Castellaneta (listen to the character of “Mr. Thickley”) singing. After all, THE SIMPSONS wasn’t around for all that long in 1991, so it seemed more likely that he’d do it, than it would have been in later years.

I guess that was what lead Harnell to ANIMANIACS – and didn’t that work out well for all involved!

Comicbookrehab said...

In retrospect, it NOW sounds like Wakko Warner with an Aussie accent singing the song, with Jim Cummings singing "He put the Taz in Tazmania/Come to Tazmania.."
Just finding out new things, really...I didn't know much about "Fawlty Towers" at the time, but I did in the mid-90s and now I'm eager to see Taz-Mania.again and check out the references to "Towers"..does this mean Taz was Manuel the waiter/bellhop? :)

Joe Torcivia said...

Considering that Bushwacker Bob’s voice (though not his physical appearance) is clearly based on that of John Cleese, I would certainly agree that “Fawlty Tasmanian Towers” is what they had in mind.