Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Adventures in Comic-Boxing: Scooby-Doo and (I'm asking you to) Guess Who!

From SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU? #56 (DC Comics, Cover Date: June, 2015), we present the following nice panel...

Awww... It's Scooby's birthday (I wonder if they count it in "dog years"?) and lots of folks turned out for the festivities... including (at top center) Joe Barbera!  


But, aside from "Mr. B" and, of course Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma...


...WHO ARE THE OTHER GUESTS?!  


Unless they are from the various "made-for-DVD" Scooby-Doo Movies (...as opposed to "The New Scooby-Doo Movies") of which I've only seen the first few... 


...Or one of the more recent Scooby TV shows that I might have passed on like "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue"... 

...Or, even worse, (SHUDDER!) "Be Cool Scooby-Doo"... 


....which we can RULE OUT because the characters are actually drawn quite well... 


...I haven't (if you'll pardon the expression) a CLUE! 

So, my challenge to you is to help in identifying the remainder of Scooby's party guests - or confirm to me that they are just random background characters there to "fill a scene" like a pen-and-ink collection of Hollywood extras!  

...What say you?  
 

2 comments:

Mighty Blue said...

Okay, I recognize those other characters from "What's New Scooby-Doo?"! I can't name them at the time, but I do recognize them from episodes!

Joe Torcivia said...

Mighty Blue:

Sorry for the delay in getting to your comment – just know they are always appreciated!

I figured they were most likely from "What's New Scooby-Doo?" because (A:) I’ve yet to see every episode of that series (…no fault of the series, which I liked very much) and (B:) Those that I have seen, I’ve seen only once – unlike the original "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?", of which I’ve seen from it’s very first airing on CBS in 1969 (…a Friday night preview, the night before the Sat AM show began, IIRC) and SO MANY times since that I will never forget them – or pretty much anything ABOUT them!

That being the case, I’ve probably seen several of those characters on "What's New Scooby-Doo?"… but “single-viewing memories” just never become as indelibly ingrained as “hundred-plus-viewing memories”!

Thanks for confirming that for me! C’mon back anytime… I’ll strive for less of a delay in responding!