Monday, January 5, 2015

R.I.P. Stuart Scott.



We at TIAH Blog are extremely saddened at the passing of ESPN sports anchor Stuart Scott, on Sunday, January 04, 2015, from cancer at the unthinkable age of 49!  

Stuart Scott brought what was a personal and singular enthusiasm of style to sports broadcasting that was unique two decades ago -- but, very likely thanks to him, has since become more of the norm in the field.   

His trademark exclamation "BOO-YAH!" came to transcend sports.  And, in my own personal tribute to Scott in 2007, was even uttered by Donald Duck in "Uncle Scrooge Meets the Synthezoid from the Deepest Void" in UNCLE SCROOGE # 370, scripted by yours truly for Gemstone Publishing.  


I don't imagine Stuart Scott ever saw that particular panel, but today, of all days, I find myself wishing that he had.  


Rest in Peace, Stuart Scott -- and "BOO-YAH!"

No comments: