Thursday, March 15, 2012

“Bat-Mite Presents: Batman’s Strangest Cases!” Secret Origins!

First, go read THIS POST on the particular episode of BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD named above, for some information on this strange and wonderful entry of that series. 

Friend of this Blog Joecab sent THIS LINK to me as a comment – but I think it merits a post of its own!  Amazing stuff, particularly to someone like me – who fondly remembers the lone Silver Age issue of BATMAN that featured “Death-Man”! 

Also, “BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD Season Two – Part Two” goes on sale this coming Tuesday… March 20, 2012.  This DVD set will contain “Bat-Mite Presents: Batman’s Strangest Cases!”  So, if you haven’t seen it, the wait won’t be too agonizing! 

And, I just learned today that “BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD Season Three Complete” will street on June 19, 2012. 

That set will contain the series finale “Mitefall!”.  Quite possibly one of the GREATEST finales a TV series (animated or live action) has ever had!  You’ve got to see it to believe it!  …And NO SPOILERS from anyone who HAS seen it!  Each and every one of you has got to catch this one “cold”!  …I MEAN THAT!

There are some great Bat-times ahead – and I have GOT to catch up on reviewing these sets, as I’ve had the review for “Season Two – Part One” ¾ written for some time now.   

If only Bat-Mite could help me out, and create the 48 Hour Day!  My luck, I’d probably have to WORK 40 of ‘em! 

2 comments:

joecab said...

I was hoping you'd make an entire post out of that. ;) Now I can finally catch the last few episodes I missed because Cartoon Network either skipped them or aired them at odd times. (I still don't know which.)

And yes that really is one hell of an enjoyable finale. I can't believe it topped the season 2 one which I already went gaga over.

Joe Torcivia said...

Just got my Season Two, Part Two today. Though it may be another day or so before I have time to rip it open and dive in! Looking over the titles, it looks as if “Batman’s Strangest Cases” is the ONLY one of these I’ve seen – and that, thanks to you!

I’ll certainly be there in June, for the final volume. This series has gone better than I could ever have expected! As Bat-Mite said: “A love letter to the Silver Age!”