Dear COLORIST of the final story in SECRETS OF HAUNTED HOUSE #30 (DC Comics, Cover Date: November, 1980):
If you believe you've misplaced or lost a coloring instruction critical to the story, I've found a note to you from your editor... in, of all places, THE GUTTER... or MARGIN, if you prefer!
See, it's over there to the right of the panel proper!
It's a rare occurrence when an internal note from an editor leaks out of the hallowed halls of a publisher and onto a printed page!
As a fellow comics professional, I feel personally and professionally obliged to bring this unfortunate leak to your attention, before this cat/spilled-milk/genie gets too far out of the bag/bottle/lamp!
As a 1980 comic, it's only been 46 years, and there's still time to shield this spillage from innocent civilian eyes not meant to see it!
Don't thank me, Colorist... I'm merely respecting the "Comics Professional's Code" that keeps the "ordinaries" and "wanna-bees" from peeking too far behind our magic curtain!
...Ulp! ...Heh! Not that any of you reading this on my Blog, are "ordinaries" and "wanna-bees", heaven forfend! ...Uh-oh! I'm gonna need some help from another well-meaning comics professional to get me outta this!
...HELP!



No comments:
Post a Comment