Friday, December 26, 2025

Happy Boxing Day!

 HAPPY BOXING DAY!  


When you miss Christmas, due to the life-crushing, moving-related chaos and disorganization that has come to dominate our lives over the last few months, it's nice to know that BOXING DAY always has your back!  

Sorry to all - Mouse Maestro, Achille Talon, and Scarecrow33 in particular - for not getting to them in anything resembling our old standard of response time! 

We'll get it together (hopefully) soon. Just know how much I appreciate ALL of your contributions and support!   



1 comment:

T. said...

Happy Boxing Day, Joe and everyone, and belated Christmas wishes as well!

Here in Poland, we start celebrating Christmas at the sunset of 24 December and continue until the end of the Boxing Day, so wishes on 26 December are still fair game :) This year, for the first time in I don't know how long, we actually have a winter-like Christmas in that there's actual frost out there! When I'm writing this, the termometer shows -2.5 degrees Celsius outside (sorry for not converting this into Fahrenheit, but I've never gotten the hang of this wonderfully weird system of yours :)) - and the place I live in is considered the warmest one in my country! Pity there's no snow, though, but you can't have everything.

Sorry to hear you missed your Christmas because of the moving-related chaos, Joe, but I hope your new homestead will be the scene of plenty of unforgettable Christmases-to-come in the future! So far, I've had a wonderful time myself.

On 24 December, I was at a traditional family supper at my grandparents' country home and I managed to keep up with our custom and taste each of the 12 meal-free dishes. Then... I had another supper at my brother's new home with another branch of my family, but this time I wasn't able to score 12 hits and limited myself to a few chosen Christmas specialties :) I attended a lovely Mass on Christmas day (the Nativity scene and decorations in our church were beautiful) and spent most of 25 December sending and replying to Christmas wishes, but I nevertheless managed to catch some snippets of "Home Alone," which is a required Christmas viewing here in Poland (somewhat akin to "It's a Wonderful Life" in the US, I believe). Today on 26 December I went to another Mass on St Stephen's Day, and then we had a great visit of my brother, his wife and their 15-month-old son. With him, there was not a boring moment: the little scamp is a three-foot powerhouse! It sure helped me burn some calories from my Christmas meals, running after him time and time again when he explored every nook and cranny of our flat! :)

I got some wonderful Christmas gifts, including, naturally, comics! "JLA: The Tower of Babel. The Deluxe Edition" scripted by Mark Waid, "Usagi Yojimbo: The Green Dragon" by Stan Sakai, an old Polish-English illustrated dictionary with around 100 classic Disney comic strips as learning aids, and three collections of Disney comics - if you'd like to check them, here are INDUCKS links:

https://inducks.org/issue.php?c=pl%2FAWD1
https://inducks.org/issue.php?c=pl%2FGPS2025-04
https://inducks.org/issue.php?c=pl%2FGPP2025-02
https://inducks.org/issue.php?c=pl%2FGP+265

All the best Christmas wishes to everyone out there - as someone has once said, "From All of Us to All of You!"