Monday, September 12, 2022

Adventures in Comic-Boxing: Phantom Flower Power!

For any true collector, it's always a cause for celebration when you "complete a run", as I did this very day with DC's GHOSTS series - when receiving issue # 66, the final one I was missing!

GHOSTS #66 (DC Comics, Cover Date: July, 1978) 

However, beyond the pure joy of accomplishment, another reaction occurred upon seeing its illustration of the cover story "The Phantom Flower"...

Be honest now, tell me if you can look at that cover, with the stalking (...and specifically-named) "Phantom Flower", and NOT think of SCOOBY-DOO!  



Why, I even have a TITLE ready-made for the story...


"ROSES ARE DREAD!" 


...Don't look now, but I think Shaggy and Scooby approve!  ...Of the TITLE that is, not the flower! 

No comments: